I think overseas trips would be an excellence way for us to share what we do here in FFL. I feel like most schools probably don't work they way we do, so us being able to share with other students will be cool and interesting. I feel like we'll get a lot of information out to them. Being able to work with others students would be a big change for us because we never work with other schools so it'll be fun. If this goes through and we're able able to go on overseas trips we'll also be able to learn new things, explore new things and meet new people. Basically that is all one side to my point, not only can we show other students what we learn here in FFL other classes can also collaborate and work with them. Maybe our students and their students are working around the same arrears and may want to share ideas to have more knowledge and ideas around their topics to getting a higher mark?. I feel like if we go on overseas trips it'll make students much more happier, parents shouldn't have to worry about costs so much so we could do a fundraiser as a school to make sure money isn't a problem we the trip time comes around.
Key words: Attention, Emotion, Decision, Dopamine, Social Media, Your body
Main Idea: To show people how being online to much can effect your brain & body.
Questions I have: I think I have Phantom Vibration Syndrome, is that bad?
A summary of the video: That 1/3 of the world is using online resources and clearly have a major influence on social media. That 5 to 10 percent of social media users can't control how much time they usually spend online. The video creator's wanted to provide information to let people know how spending to much time online can effect you and your brain & body.
What is most important?- In the video the most important part would have to be how 1/3 of the world is currently using online social media. I can say I am always using online social medias, for the past three- four years I have been doing school work online. I am an everyday user, I spent at less 10-15 hours on & off a day on social media. I am still physically active for hours in between every time I am using social media so i think it's okay. So I think this is important because I can relate to it and also others around me can too.
What helps me remember the main ideas- Since i am basically apart of that 1/3 of the world social media users I just know that it is effect able.
Reducing Notes: So basically from the video I remember that 1/3 of the world is currently using social media.
-That 5-10 percent can not control their time usage online.
-That being online can effect your brain & body.
- A talk to parents about how phonics can help children who struggle with reading and writing by showing them how to crack the code.
- Modern phonics is about explaining the history of English and how our spelling became the way it is.
- A lot of parents were consented about their children learning abilities.
- That many students are struggling.
- More than a third of our children are below national standards in writing and some of this will be because of spelling.
- One complication is that spelling is low status as a subject to teach,
- Spelling is classed as a not important subject.
- A third complication is the digital age, our students are growing up in a world of instant messaging using different platforms in which invented spelling hz bcum gr8 and valid.
- Students are receiving contradictory messages; at school, correct spelling is normal and outside of school, texting, snap chat, tweets are in abbreviated text speak and as long as it sounds right then this is also normal.
- A single spelling mistake can ruin the chance of a job when you send in an application. In the workplace, a text message or email sent with a spelling mistake puts the sender and the company in a bad light.
- Spelling is more important than ever in this digital age. Yes, there are predictive spell checkers and this technology helps but a lot of spelling mistakes slip through. Students who struggle with spelling are particularly on the back foot because the spell-check software is often not sure what they have written and gives a word they did not mean to say.